PMA Australia 2009
PMA Australia 2009 starts this Friday in Sydney at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre. They call it “The Ultimate Photo Event Imaging Technology Show”. There are plenty to see. Some of the exhibitors that I plan to visit:
- Adobe – check up on Lightroom as I try to decide between Lightroom/Aperture/Bibble 5
- APPA – Canon AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards Judging – I will sit in and watch some of the judging to see what the pro’s are up to, hopefully will be able to catch some of the Landscape division judging.
- Apple – check Aperture, new Macbook and hopefully the new iphone 3G S
- Asukabook – check out their on-demand photo book offerings
- Australia Photo-Shop-Studio – see the Benro tripods
- Ballarat International Foto Biennale – it is on later this year and I want to see some of their program
- Better Photography – Always a good magazine to read
- Created for Life – Central Coast studio, part of the Ken Duncan Group, I want to see the prints and canvas they produce
- Des Pty Ltd – check out papers and X-Rite products
- Eizo – dream of owning the leading edge monitors
- Epson – see what is happening in the printer/ink/paper sector
- Eternal Fortune – Distributor for the Phottix camera accessories and talk to our friend Poon. Remote controls, GPS, batteries and lots more
- Mack Camera & Video Service – investigate the level of service we can expect in Australia
- Momento – more on demand book printing
- NIK Software – great software to use in PS/Aperture/Lightroom/NX2, see if there are some show specials
- Nikon Australia – see all the latest gear and NPS
- Photo Art Gallery – they offer online service for selling your art, see how it works
- Sandisk – we always need more CF cards 🙂
- Sun Studios – they will have the Aquatech sport sleeves on show, check these out.
- Wacom – been thinking of a graphics tablet so I’ll look at the different Intuos4 tablets.
Plus I’m sure that I’ll stop by Canon, Sony, Olympus and some of the other distributors. It will be a very busy day.
See you there.